Saturday, October 17, 2009

Translating Your Goals

Having done this rather large amount of soul searching and work, you now are ready to devise a personal plan for yourself. Take those four goals you developed.

Here are mine:
1. Financial Stability.

My life has been so hectic and up and down that just getting things on a stable footing is an an achievement. I thought I was, but then we had the Great Recession (GR).

2. Sound Mental and Physical Health.

I'm 63, so keeping fit and healthy is important for my longevity. I don't do as good a job as I should, but I'm working on it.

3. High Quality Social Relationships.

I am in a loving relationship, and I have a remarkable 101-year old father-in-law, and I need to keep good relationships here as well as with my friends and co-workers.

4. Strong Sense of Personal Well-being.

I need to have a sense of well being. This means taking quality time off, vacations, etc. Our furnace went on the blink yesterday. This does not give me a sense of personal well-being.
All of this is quite daunting, and we're like a dog trying to chase a speeding car. We will never catch it, but we have to try.

Now take your goals, whatever they are is okay as long as they are legal, moral, ethical, and flow from your core mission. And figure out exactly what you are going to do day by day to achieve them. Sometimes it helps to make a grid, with the days across the top and the hours down the side. Or maybe not, whatever helps you. You might want to experiment with it at first and see if it works and adjust as needed.

That's thing, you can always change what you're doing anytime. You're the CEO of your own company. But try to establish a period of time in which you will devote your full energies to it.

Of course if something is obviously off the mark, or you see something you obviously need to do, you can add it or delete it from your plan. You can tweak with your system. But try to create something you will pursue for ____ months or years, followed by a period of evaluation and revision

I'm trying to help people network more productively. Is this helping?

Connecting makes Your Stop for Real Estate , my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my approach to writing. See www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing outlet, By and for Writers. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

It is fueled by my reading and thinking and talking about entrepreneurship. For those ideas, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment